Sunday, February 17, 2013

The lost episode

We have added another Apple product to the long list of electronic devices in our home.  The Apple tv device will allow us to spend countless more hours on the couch.  Hmmmm......  Not sure this was the best move, in retrospect.  We may actually cancel the costly uverse account, so that might be a good tradeoff.

I was lobbying for a Roku (as I am on an Android kick lately), but I lost that battle.  The Spousal Unit (SU) was right, the Apple tv was incredibly easy to install, and it has a slick interface.

[borrowed from http://chicagomaroon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/DowntonAbbey.jpg]


I went to bed early last night, and I got up early to find that SU had downloaded the third episode of Downton Abbey from season one.  For some reason, our local public TV station did not buy that episode from the BBC, and it created lots of confusion in our household.

First I blamed it on the DVR not recording that episode.  These mistakes sometimes happen when the tv programming info is not completely accurate.  It happens quite frequently when a sporting event goes longer than scheduled.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the replays of season one came out, and I was sure that we would be able to recover the lost episode, with all the critical scenes when Lady Mary sleeps with the Turkish diplomat.

Tonite is the final episode of season three.  So sad, but at least Game of Thrones will be airing new episodes soon!

2 comments:

  1. Here is what is even more sad..... apparently I purchased the episode on my itunes account, and the stupid little block of plastic was smart enough to link to my purchases. aaaggghhhrrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really impressed! Everything is very, very clear, open is a description of mother of bride dresses, cheap wedding dresses, long evening dress the problem. It contains the information.

    ReplyDelete