Saturday, December 5, 2020

Invasive Species have fooled me again!

 


This little sucker is a round Goby.  They are invasive here in Michigan, and I mistakenly got this guy in Lake St Clair and brought him to a friend's pond.

A few days later I found another one and put it in with the garage's watery creatures.  Since the fins could spread out and show all their markings while in the water, I finally figured out what it was.

The one above is hanging out for the winter in the pond, which was partially iced up earlier this week.  The deep section goes down about 3 feet, so some of the critters should make it through 'til spring.  

I haven't posted here in a LONG time, so I cannot figure out how to insert a pdf, yet.  

 Please check for updates with pond info and other less invasive topics!



No comments:

Post a Comment