Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Party of not only NO, but HELL NO!

There are a lot of Republicans that I love quite dearly, but the GOP is an organization that I increasingly do not understand.  Actually, I DO understand it, but what I understand is quite disturbing.

[borrowed from http://eurthisnthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gop_elephant2009-elephant-upside-down-dead-med.jpg]


I think that my parents are still registered Republicans, but sometime in the last few years the picture of "43" that used to be above the desk in the kitchen nook inexplicably disappeared. [I really do not want to ask what happened to it, for fear that bringing attention to its absence might result in its being put back up.]  I think it was put up initially as an homage to my Grandmother, a former state legislator in Connecticut, who put up a picture of her favorite GOP presidents above her desk where she paid her bills and wrote her correspondence.

But back to the current GOP.  I just cannot comprehend their stances on many of the hot button issues:


  • no, you may not marry that person
  • no, you should not have access to that medication
  • no, we do not want you to become a citizen 
  • no, we will not cooperate with the executive branch to help that segment of the population
I was going to go ahead and start listing what they would say YES to, but I need to get in a better frame of mind before I call my mom to wish her a happy mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment