Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why can't white men dance?


borrowed from KYLE-VANDEN-BOSCH-thumb-590x357-53092.jpg

I went to my first Detroit Lions game last week, and it was the first NFL game I had attended in quite a few years.  I prefer to watch football on TV, because you get to see everything all zoomed in, especially now that they have all those crazy cameras on cables suspended over the field.  But because I had not seen a game in person for a while, I didn't realize/remember that they do some crazy introductions before the game starts.

I expected that there would be lots of dry ice and loud/deep/dramatic announcer voices, but I didn't expect that they would do some silly dances as they were introduced.  The defense was the part of the team that was introduced, and most of them were African Americans who had a good sense of rhythm.  Unfortunately, the defensive captain is a white guy who should not even ATTEMPT to dance, but he did.....  Good think for the Lions that he is a much better football player than a dancer.  He should NOT give up his day job.

My husband is white, and he can swing and jitterbug with the best of them, but he probably would have looked just as silly as poor Kyle Vanden Bosch if he had tried to dance to the modern hip-hop type music that they were playing.

Come to think of it, being a white girl myself, and not such a great dancer, I think I would have embarrassed myself with the musical choices that seemed to be prevalent during those pre-game introductions.

No comments:

Post a Comment